- Trust Grade Doctor (ST1/2))
- Trust Grade (ST1-2)
- Fixed Term- 12 Months
- 419-935722- P-TGST1-2
- York and Scarborough
- York and Scarborough
- £36,461 plus enhancements
- 18/03/2018 23:59
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:- care about what they do
- respect and value others
- listen in order to improve
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
Trust Grade Doctor (ST1-2)
We invite applications from those who wish to build a career in the UK and foremost the NHS. You may also find these posts of interest if you’re a current trainee and are unsure of your future plans. We have supported a number of our Trusts Grades to successfully secure places on the formal training programme and into career grade positions. Whilst these posts are not a recognised NHS/UK training post, we endeavour to provide our Trust Grade Doctors with equivalent opportunities in terms of development and training, receiving the following:
- Named clinical supervisor
- Local Induction and information pack outlining internal training courses/opportunities available to doctors in these non-approved training positions
- Individual Personal Development Plan and annual Appraisal - Individual access to the NHS e-appraisal system (funded by the Trust for posts that are six months or longer)
- Funding and paid time available for study leave
- Support towards obtaining Alternative Certificate confirming achievement of foundation competencies, to aid those who want to access a recognised training position in the future” ALS, ATLS, CcRISP and TILS are all provided locally. You will have a designated clinical supervisor during your appointment and opportunities for support by trained mentors. Regular timetabled teaching sessions will take place to support the service-based learning.
There is an active Postgraduate Medical Education Centre on both sites, as part of a dynamic Education and Training and a directorate that is developing multi-professional training. Due to the remodelling of our Clinical Teams across; General and Acute Medicine, Elderly and Rehabilitation medicine, Paediatrics, Emergency Medicine, Trauma and Orthopaedics, General Surgery and Urology and more. We are seeking dynamic and motivated doctors to join us at an exciting time for specialist services as the Trust moves forward in the development of a new clinical staffing model. These posts would suit applicants who have successfully completed their Foundation Year One and Two programmes, or have equivalent experience / completion of competencies.
The successful candidates will be joining clinical teams who offer a supportive and encouraging environment which will allow progression as a professional through development opportunities in specialist fields as well as their area of particular interest. There will also be an expectation that the post holder will take an active part in both internal and external audits. We welcome you to visit our hospital and would be happy to arrange; informal visits, telephone calls, or video conferencing calls with our Clinicians if you would like to discuss these posts or your training and development needs in further detail.
Trust employees can access our award winning staff benefits package, which includes exclusive discounts for York Trust Staff.
York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides a comprehensive range of acute hospital and specialist healthcare services for approximately 800,000 people living in and around; York, North Yorkshire, North East Yorkshire and Ryedale. Successful post holders will have the great benefit and opportunity of living and working within the region. York is internationally renowned for its beauty and heritage and Scarborough is a vibrant seaside resort, surrounded by stunning scenery and glorious beaches, on the East Coast of Yorkshire, set in the beautiful countryside.
In order to maximise your experience at the Trust you may be offered a rotational post, either across different departments or across our two acute sites, York and Scarborough Hospitals. We appreciate it may be difficult to attend an interview in person, therefore we do provide candidates with the option to be interviewed via WebEx video conference facility. Please speak to a member of the team to organise this.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applicants. Therefore please apply early to avoid any disappointment. The offer of this Trust Grade post will only be made by the Trust if no candidate is found to be appointable to the training programme vacancy by the Yorkshire & Humber Deanery.
For further details / informal visits contact: Medical Staffing Team Tel: 01904 725308/6047/1324
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Medical Staffing- 01904 726047
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01723 342451