- 7 (indicative)
- up to 37.5
- York and Scarborough
- £31,696 - £41,787
- 25/04/2018 23:59
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:- care about what they do
- respect and value others
- listen in order to improve
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
Are you working towards a qualification as a Physician Associate? Maybe you’re thinking about where you might like to work when you qualify? Or perhaps you’re already working as a Physician Associate, but looking for a change? Whichever it is, we’d love to hear from you…
We are creating new roles in our hospitals in York and Scarborough to support the delivery of high quality patient care. As a result, we have opportunities for Physician Associates to become valued members of our multi-disciplinary teams in Acute Medicine, Dermatology, Haematology, Oncology, Rheumatology and Neurology.
We’re committed to developing rotational options which suit specialist interests and maximise professional development.
For newly qualified Physician Associates, we offer a full time two-year preceptorship programme which will provide:
- support for transition into practice in year one, including an extended induction period under the guidance of a named Educational Supervisor
- strong focus on personal and professional development in year two. As well as providing opportunities for you to develop yourself as an educator, you will be equipped to deliver high quality mentorship to support other learners and become an effective preceptor for future generations of Physician Associates
Your Educational Supervisor will work closely with you throughout the programme, in line with a plan for your individual development. You will also have access to a catalogue of local development programmes to help achieve your full potential, including our Senior Leaders programme.
We welcome interest from anyone who is studying for a Postgraduate Diploma or Masters qualification in Physician Associate Studies from an accredited UK training programme (or an overseas equivalent). If you’d like to know more about us and what we can offer, please contact Karen Cowley on 01904 721345
DATE FOR YOUR DIARY
Physician Associate post-application Open Day at York Hospital on Friday 4th May 2018
We are holding an Open Day at York Hospital on Friday 4th May where you can:
- Meet the team at York Hospital
- Have a guided tour of the site
- Hear more details of what we have on offer
- Receive details of our Rotational Programme and have the opportunity to let us know your preferences
- Receive information about our Preceptorship Programme
- Hear about the research and teaching opportunities which will be available to you
- Ask any questions you have about the role
If you would like to book a place on the Open Day please e-mail Julie Southwell, Recruitment Manager, at Julie.southwell@York.nhs.uk once you have submitted your application. A more detailed programme will be e-mailed to you closer to the date
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01904 725631
- 01904 726362