- Band 3
- 10 hours per week (2 hours per day)
- York Hospital
- £17,787 - £20,448 pro rata
- 18/11/2018 23:59
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:- care about what they do
- respect and value others
- listen in order to improve
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
Contract Type : Permanent
Hours : 10 hours per week
The post holder will be an active member of the Pharmacy Antimicrobials Team and will fully participate to support the team’s activities.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience of diary management (Outlook), making travel arrangements, coordinating and servicing meetings (essential minute taking skills).
- Ability to draft correspondence and other documents.
- Experience of setting up and maintaining hard and soft information storage, retrieval and communication systems.
- Experience and willingness to undertake office work such as answering phones, photocopying, filing and archiving and organization of own task list.
- Good working knowledge of technology systems including Microsoft office, Excel and using the intranet.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills - post holder will liaise with colleagues from junior to senior level.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Ability to multi task and work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- Understanding of and commitment to the confidential nature of the work.
- Experience of managing conflicting demands, meeting deadlines and adjusting priorities.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Senior Pharmacy Secretary