- Elderly Medicine
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Fixed term
- 40 hours per week
- York Hospital
- £77,913 to £105,042 per annum
- 26/02/2019 23:59
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:- care about what they do
- respect and value others
- listen in order to improve
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of a Locum Consultant in Elderly Medicine at York Hospital. This is a 10 PA Locum appointment for a minimum period of 6 months. This could be a great opportunity for a Senior Registrar interested in gaining some ‘acting up’ experience.
Applicants should have established skills and competence in care of the elderly, excellent communication and team working skills, a strong commitment to teaching and service development are essential.The post will include on-call commitments, currently 1:11 weeknight and 1:11 weekend rota.
The post will be based at York Hospital. You will be joining a team of Consultants, who all have sub-specialty interests. This particular post will be based on Ward 26
The Service consists of:
- Three Acute Wards for Older People(Wards 23, 26 and 35),
- A Joint Older People and Psychiatric Assessment Unit (Ward 37)
- An Acute Stroke Unit (Ward 36), caring for adult patients of all ages who have suffered from a Stroke
- A Stroke Rehabilitation Ward (Ward 39), caring for adult patients of all ages who require rehabilitation following a Stroke
- An Older People’s Hip Fracture ward (Ward 25), caring for Older People patients who have fractured their hip.
- An Acute Medical Unit for Older People (AMB) for acute admissions to clinically stabilise patients before being transferred to our downstream wards.
We also have two Community Rehabilitation Hospitals for Older People based at Whitecross Court (off Haxby Road) and St Helen's (off Tadcaster Road).
Outpatient clinics are held at York Hospital, The New Selby War Memorial Hospital, Pocklington and the Community Hospitals.
Please note that some of our substantive vacancies may be available on a smaller number of hours than advertised. If you would be interested in applying on this basis, we would encourage you to contact the appointing manager to enquire further
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further information please contact Jamie Todd Directorate Manager on 01904 725608 email@example.com or Michael Harkness Clinical Director firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01904 721324