- Cancer Information Team
- Band 5
- 37.5 hours per week
- York Hospital
- £24,214 - £28,358 per annum
- 31/03/2019 23:59
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:- care about what they do
- respect and value others
- listen in order to improve
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
Contract type: permanent
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Cancer Pathway Team in the role of Senior Cancer Pathway Coordinator. The post is designed to support delivery of the 62 day pathway performance as part of the HCV Cancer Alliance. This will involve working closely with clinical teams throughout the Trust and in tertiary centres to minimise unnecessary delays in patient pathways for patients with either suspected or diagnosed cancer.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Management and coordination of diagnostic, assessment and treatment pathways to minimise delay wherever appropriate
- Ensure patient pathways are consistent with best possible practice
- Support for delivery and development of timed clinical pathways, (by feedback of experiences/ obstacles etc.), including where patients transfer between different hospitals
- Engagement either directly or indirectly, (e.g. via cancer managers), in the HCV Task and Finish Groups or other work programmes such as diagnostics
- Support delivery of the Inter Provider Transfer agreement, ensuring patient details are complete and minimising any unnecessary delays
- To assist the Cancer Pathway Manager as required
- Day to day staff management of the Cancer Pathway Team based in York
The post is based in York but may require travel to other sites as needed.
Please don't hesitate to get in contact if you are interested and would like to know more about the role.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact