- NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Doctor
- 40 per week
- £37,923 - £70,718 per annum
- 29/04/2018 23:59
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:- care about what they do
- respect and value others
- listen in order to improve
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
SPECIALTY DOCTOR IN Anaesthesia and Critical Care
Base: York Hospital
Whole Time or Job Share – 10 Programmed Activities with the option of up to 2 additional programmed activities
York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has an ambitious programme of service modernisation and a reputation for providing high quality services. In line with our outlook, we are now inviting applications for this new post in Theatres and Critical Care.
The post holder will join a team consisting of 70 anaesthetists.
The post is not a recognised training post, but would be ideal for those
- Wishing to gain further experience in the specialty as the training, supervision and clinical experience will be similar to that of the training grade doctors and tailored to the post holder’s previous level of experience.
- Wishing to take a non-consultant career path. Following 2 years of supporting the trainee rota it will be possible to request moving to the sustainable working pattern of our long term Specialty Doctors who contribute to out of hours in other, more sustainable ways.
- We aim to support doctors who wish to develop specialty interests, research or teaching skills and as long as out of hours work is covered aim to support personal development.
Candidates must have full GMC Registration, while a familiarity with issues of service organization and development would be particularly advantageous.
The recruitment programme for this position will take place over one day (please note that shortlisted candidates will need to be available to attend the Trust on all of the dates)
For further information about the post please contact Emma Deans on 01904 725398. She will connect you to an appropriate consultant for further information. Applications packs in an alternative format can be obtained from the Medical Staffing Department (telephone: 01904 725308).
Please note that candidates must be aware of the organisation's expectation for them to be prepared to work across both of its main sites in York and Scarborough where it is a requirement of their service.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further information about the post or to arrange a visit please contact Dr Amanda Vipond, Deputy Clinical Director or Mrs Tracey Richardson, Directorate Manager.
Applications packs in an alternative format can be obtained from the Medical Recruitment Department (telephone: 01904 721324).
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01904 721324