- Trust Grade Specialty Registrar (ST3 +)
- Fixed term
- 40 hours per week
- Scarborough Hospital
- £30,302 to £47,647 per annum
- 26/02/2018 23:59
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:- care about what they do
- respect and value others
- listen in order to improve
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
Trust Grade ST3+ Doctor
Base: Scarborough Hospital
This is a fixed term post for up to 12 months from start date.
Duties will include:-
• Sharing responsibility for patients under the care of his/her supervisory consultants.
• Accompanying Consultants on ward rounds and will be expected to take part in post take ward rounds with the on call Consultant and communicate effectively in handover to other staff.
• Responsible for discharge summaries to the GP and liaise appropriately with other professionals
• Participating in a 1 in 8 Full shift middle grade on-call rota.
• To attend operating theatre sessions, outpatient clinics or other clinical areas as appropriate, with support from the Consultant body.
• To provide immediate supervision and support to doctors at F1/F2/CT/STR levels.
• Actively participating in Clinical Governance, Clinical Audit and Medical Education including teaching and case presentation at departmental meetings.
Applicants must have full GMC registration, hold a current license to practice, be ion possession of their MRCS, hold current ATLS certification and have completed at least 2 years of basic surgical training.
Whilst the posts available do not form part of the formal training programme, we endeavour to offer post holders the same training and educational opportunities as colleagues in training, including paid study leave. You will be provided with clinical and educational supervision, to enable your personal and portfolio development.
We offer flexible and competitive relocation options for new starters. Please speak to a member of the medical Staffing Team if you would like to know more about this. Trust employees can also access our award winning staff benefits package, which includes exclusive discounts for York Trust Staff. More information is provided in the ‘Further Links’ section on this page.
All posts offered will be on the 2016 Terms and Conditions, therefore we will consider all previous service when determining your salary.
We appreciate it may be difficult to attend an interview in person, therefore we do provide candidates with the option to be interviewed via WebEx video conference facility, please speak to a member of the team to organise this.
For further information about the post please contact Clare McNaught on 01723 368111
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Clare McNaught on 01723 368111
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01904 726047