- Band 2
- 37.5 hours per week
- Scarborough Hospital
- £17,460 - £18,702 per annum
- Today at 23:59
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:- care about what they do
- respect and value others
- listen in order to improve
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join the Pharmacy Dispensary team at Scarborough Hospital.
You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be well organised, have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, be able to adapt to changing demands and be committed to providing a high quality patient focused service.
The role of the successful candidate will include:
- Providing a reception service to patients and staff that attend or telephone the pharmacy department.
- Dealing with routine enquiries received from wards or patients and taking appropriate follow-up action as required.
- Receiving and logging prescriptions, taking responsibility for ensuring urgent prescriptions are prioritised and any relevant information regarding medication supply is communicated with the dispensary team leaders.
- Returning and processing any empty ward bags/boxes or any ward bags/boxes containing medication.
- Providing a delivery service to wards and clinics, ensuring appropriate storage conditions are maintained and completing relevant paperwork to enable the audit trial for the delivery of medication to be maintained.
- Completing allocated ward top-ups, and maintaining stock supplies to the dietetics cupboards.
Candidates must meet the essential criteria of the person specification.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
The postholder will have regular contact with vulnerable people and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Principal Technician - Dispensary manager, Radiopharmacy and Health and Safety lead
Telephone - 01723 236233