- General Surgery
- NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Doctor
- 40 hours per week
- Scarborough Hospital
- £39,060 - £72,840
- 18/11/2018 23:59
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:- care about what they do
- respect and value others
- listen in order to improve
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
Specialty Doctor in General Surgery
£39,060 - £72,840 depending on experience
York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is recruiting for a dynamic team player to join the team at Scarborough Hospital.
The post holder will be expected to be complete the following duties:
- Sharing responsibility for patients under the care of his/her supervisory consultant.
• Accompanying Consultants on ward rounds and will be expected to take part in post take ward rounds with the on call Consultant and communicate effectively in handover to other staff.
• Responsible for discharge summaries to the GP and liaise appropriately with other professionals
• Participating in a On-call rota.
• To attend operating theatre sessions, outpatient clinics or other clinical areas as appropriate, with support from the Consultant.
• To provide immediate supervision and support to doctors at F1/F2/CT/STR levels.
• Actively participating in Clinical Governance, Clinical Audit and Medical Education including teaching and case presentation at departmental meetings.
This post is not a recognised training post, but would be ideal for those wishing to gain further experience in the specialty, as the training, supervision and clinical experience will be identical to that of other Specialty Training Registrars and tailored to the individual post holder’s previous level of experience. There will be opportunity to participate in departmental audit and teaching sessions, and the post holders will be supported in all aspects of career development.
Applicants must have full GMC registration, hold a current license to practice, have their MRCS, ATLS and have completed at least 2 years of basic surgical training.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further information about the post please contact Mr Marcel Gatt or Mr Dimitrios Pissas 01723 342654
If you have problems applying, contact