- Emergency Medicine
- Specialty Doctor
- 40 hours per week
- £37,923 to £70,718 per annum
- 08/03/2019 23:59
Please note that contact with applicants will usually be by email, and so please check all of your mail folders regularly (unfortunately some providers filter our messages into junk mail folders).
Do you share our values? We’re looking for applications from people who:- care about what they do
- respect and value others
- listen in order to improve
- always do what they can to be helpful
…to help make us a valued and trusted partner within our care system, that delivers safe effective care to our local population.
Emergency Medicine CESR Programme rotational post (Specialty Doctor) at Scarborough Hospital
- Are you passionate in providing high quality emergency patient care?
- Do you want a working environment that supports your clinical and academic development?
- Do you want to become a Consultant in Emergency Medicine?
- Are you looking to be part of an experienced and supportive MDT?
York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is delighted to offer Specialty Doctor opportunities in our Emergency Medicine Department at the Scarborough site.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative department dedicated to providing high quality emergency patient care. You will broaden your clinical knowledge and experience stimulating challenges. You will be part of an enthusiastic and motivated team who will support your clinical and personal development.
Candidates must have full registration with the General Medical Council & licence to practice; a minimum of four years’ postgraduate training (or the equivalent), two of which must be in a relevant specialty or have equivalent experience and competencies. Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further information. We will work with you to create a mutually agreed job plan.
We are passionate about developing our workforce and are delighted to support our doctors in enhancing their professional development, including doctors who want to work towards gaining the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) in Emergency Medicine.
We will support individuals in the training required to achieve your Specialist Registration via the CESR route. You will have a dedicated Supervisor who will guide you to achieve the competencies you require with a training plan tailored to your learning needs. You will undertake rotations to other departments modelled on ACCS completion including Anaesthetics & Critical Care for one year, Acute Medicine for six months and a further six months in Paediatrics to build your knowledge, skills and experience. Amongst our Consultants are Life Support Instructors and College Examiners in addition to those having Management roles (Assoc MD), Education roles (Sim Lead and HEE) and an interest in Pre-hospital Care.
Want to know a little more? Please read the testimonial in the job description which is written by one of our doctors currently working in York who is completing their competency training in the Emergency Department.
Benefits of joining the Trust include:
- In joining the Trust you will be eligible for a range of Staff Benefits including discounts in childcare, Travel/holidays, shopping and entertainment as well as the opportunity to join a range of travel schemes.
- If you will be relocating to work with us we will support you with a generous relocation package. To continue your development we will provide you with a paid Study Leave allowance of 30 days over three years.
- We have reintroduced the role of Associate Specialist at the Trust to support the development of all Specialty Doctors.
- We have signed the SAS Charter and increased both annual leave and SPA entitlement for SAS grades.
- We are passionate about Research and can link with Trust colleagues who are happy to discuss and explore opportunities with you.
- We have strong links with Hull York Medical School and can further support your academic development and teaching opportunities.
Closing date: 9th October, 2018
Interview date: to be confirmed
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
It would be great to hear from you. Please contact our Emergency Department Team: Dr Ed Smith Clinical Director (Scarborough) on 01723 342840 or Dr Joan Clancy CESR Lead on 01723 342153 to discuss this opportunity further and arrange a department visit.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01723 342451